Derry Imaging offers Low-dose (LDCT) Lung Cancer Screening at both our Derry & Bedford NH locations. Early Detection Saves Lives!
What is a Low-dose (LDCT) Lung Cancer Screening?
Lung cancer screening is a low-dose CT scan used to detect lung cancer and is a preventative annual screening, like a mammogram or colonoscopy. Because lung cancer typically has no symptoms until the disease has spread, studies have shown, screening patients at high risk can detect lung cancer early when it is most treatable. A low-dose CT scan can help find cancer early and is the only recommended screening test for lung cancer.
Should I be screened?
Take the assessment below to see if you are eligible and talk to your doctor to see if screening is right for you.
- Are you between 55-77 years old? (Some private insurance covers until age 80)
- Are you a current smoker? Or have you quit in the last 15 years?
- Have you smoked the equivalent of 30 pack-years or more?
- If you meet all of the eligibility requirements your screening will be fully covered.
- If you do not meet the above criteria but feel you are at risk for lung cancer, talk with your doctor to see if screening or other options are right for you.